Doug Claycomb, CFM
Doug was born and raised in Pennsylvania close to Johnstown, which is outside of Pittsburg. He moved to Oklahoma City in 1999 to attend Oklahoma City University where he received his B.S. in Business in 2003. He worked for Merrill Lynch as a financial advisor from 2003 to 2006. In April of 2006 he moved to an independent financial planning and money management firm, Onstott and Associates, Inc. Onstott and Associates has a 30 year reputation of helping business owners and individual in Oklahoma City as well as all over the country. They are very unique in how they work with clients; the client hires them to find the investments that fit that client the best, not to sell them products. This is opposed to most of the industry where the advisor represents a company and helps the client buy only what the company has to offer.
They handle a variety of needs, from helping individuals roll money out of a retirement plans to in-depth strategies for large business owners. They also help people review current accounts to find better ways to manage their money. Doug has spent much of his time outside of work with several organizations including: Th Life Church- Facilitator Dave Ramsey Program, Men’s Damascus Church-Mentor and Financial Coaching, the Alliance of Emerging Professionals-Board Member,The Organ Donor Center, Rotary International, OKC Chamber-Greater Grads, MyNetwork, Oklahoma City Ethics Consortium- Student Mentor, MAV PAC, OCU alumni assoc, Character First Assoc., and the Executive Assoc. of OKC. He also enjoys sports and spends extra time reliving the days when he was much better at them.
- Series 7- To be knowledgeable and make all types of trades with corporate securities.
- Series 66- Combination of 63 and 65- To be able to manage investments as an Investment Advisor.
- Life Insurance - I don’t do any life insurance currently, but I keep my licenses and continuing education up to date so I can help clients navigate their options and find what’s best for them.
- Annuity License- Annuities are mainly an investment product with an insurance component that insures against fluctuation risk and can help lessen some levels of risk that you might have in a traditional investment account.
- CFM - Certified Financial Manager, Completed in 2004